Sunday, February 15, 2015

Scrapbook Page

I think it's been well over a year since I made a scrapbook page!   In 2014 I was going to make a monthly journal hybrid scrapbook and never got it started.  So in 2015 I'm jumping in with a 6x6 inch mini scrapbook that will be for my two grandchildren.  This page is for my granddaughter.



Crafty Secrets digital freebies used:  Valentine paper, calendar, and 10 Things I Love;
Crafty Secrets Bedtime Kids digital set --kid

To color the kid, I started with Ranger Distress Markers for a water color look but they didn't blend on my special photo paper so I covered some spaces with Copics which work well with this paper. Usually you can't mix water with alcohol but the two types of markers didn't seem to care on this paper.

I fussy cut and then started layering with some stuff from my stash.  I layered with foam adhesive where needed to kee it dimensional.

I always outline fussy cut images with a black Sharpie and outline my papers with matching Distress Markers.

I added pink Wink of Stella to some of the flower petals and to the ribbons and shoes on the kid.

Entering thes challenges:

Crafty Secrets February Linky Party:  All You Need is Love due Sunday, Feb 15 - always get digital image(s) for entering
Avenue 613 Challenge 111 Anything Goes, optional RAK x
Hiding in My Craft Room #187 Super Scraps Saturday--I used lots of scraps from my stash
Lunagirl Moonbeams:  Red x
Digitally Sweet Challenges: #127  Layouts only Sketch challenge  Featured Three

10 comments:

ddazzled71 said...

A lovely interpretation of the sketch and beautiful layout Helene, so pretty and perfect for your Granddaughter. xx

jane stillman said...

A beautiful layout and fits the sketch perfectly

Cindy Gay said...

Well done!

Diane said...

Adorable and so many fun details!! Thank you for joining us for our "Crafty Secrets February Linky Party"!!
Diane CS DT

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Goodness...what a sweet layout! I love the way you enlarged our Bedtime Kids image and made her the focal. You have a great eye for composition! Thanks for joining the fun at the Crafty Secrets February Linky Party!
Kathy Clement
DT Leader, Crafty Secrets
http://www.kathybydesign.com

Granmargaret said...

This is a lovely layout. Thank you for joining the challenge at Digitally Sweet. Hope to see you again next time.

PennyRae's Mandala Creation's said...

Very cute. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. PennyRae DT

Granmargaret said...

Lovely layout. Thank you for joining the challenge at Digitally Sweet. Hope to see you again next time.
Make sure you have a look at Wednesday Feature this week.

Karen Lunagirl said...

So cute and love the vintage style! Thanks for playing in my challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com! ~ Karen

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So pretty and beautifully done, your daughter, I expect, would be thrilled with this. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album