Saturday, May 16, 2009

Vintage Moms

I created this vintage layout for two challenges: the Coordinates Collections May Challenge to create a vintage layout about mom containing 5 journaling lines and the Graphic 45 May Challenge to Strip It Down (use strips of paper in the project). I used Graphic 45 papers from the Communique and Fashionista collections: (from Communique) Communique word strip, tag, and woman typing; Party Line phone strip and strip of misc. phone graphics; (from Fashionista) Buttons A La Mode red background; Tre Chic cutouts of fashion gals; and border used for horizontal strip. Prima: flowers and Say it in Crystals "Happiness"; red flowers from Hobby Lobby; Heidi Swapp ghost clocks; Hero Arts cream Art flowers; Tim Holtz antique linen Distress Ink by Ranger; black card stock; misc. ribbons saved from floral bouquets. I typed the journaling, cut it into strips and distressed the strips with scissors and distress ink. Now for the cool vintage stuff: an old photo of my aunt and mom that I copied onto Canson rough surface heavyweight watercolor paper for a textured look (never use the original photo); an inherited old cardboard photo frame; two of my aunt's hat pins; phone company service pins (the ones framing the top of the photo are my mom's; the two on the bottom of the layout are my aunt's); and a copy of a page from a 50's phone book, part of my husband's historical collection. The top of the page instructs phone users to be sure to dial the two "letters" of the phone number--in this case KE for KEllogg. Note to family members: if you look at the numbers listed, you will discover your 1950's phone number from the old homestead. I absolutely loved putting this layout together!

1 comment:

Linda M. Cain said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! Two of my favorite pieces are on it, and the vintage picture is wonderful!
Great work!!!!!!!

Linda

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album