Monday, February 22, 2010

QKD Monday Royal Court Blog Hop

Hope you had lots of fun at the QKD SWEET ON-LINE CROP this past weekend!  If you were creating lots of crop projects, now's the time to sit back with a cup of coffee, relax, and enjoy today's hop!  To start at the beginning of the QKD hop and to find the complete hop list, please click here on the words: Queen Kat Designs.  If you've been hopping along, next up is Penny.  Tomorrow (Tuesday) the rest of the QKD Design Team shows us their inspiration creations. 
Today the Royal Court was challenged to use this sketch for inspiration.  I was drawn both to the bold colors and the rectangular graphic design. We also were to use one of February's stamp releases. I chose the QKD Bon Voyage set.
















Today I used the entire image of the Bon Voyage stamp. But I stamped it three times, colored all three images, then cut out different portions and layered them.  The suitcases are layered once, the purse and hat are layered on top of the suitcases, and the purse flap is layered a third time.  Here is a side view of the layering showing how it  adds a nice dimension to my card.

Be sure to stop at the Queen Kat Designs Store at the end of the hop.  You can always use my discount code HH10 for 10% off.  

This is my final blog hop as a member of the QKD Royal Court.  My last Stampin' Saturday technique post will be this Saturday on the QKD official blog so look for me there. I've made many cyberfriends through QKD.  Rather than say Au Revoir, I'll say keep in touch with all things QKD--and me--at the Castle here --->   Queen Kat Designs Stamp Co.




10 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

Your card is beautiful - I love how you used the inspiration from the picture. Great to remind everyone that decoupage using stamped images is so effective. That stamp set is awesome :o)

Will miss you lots, I love your work and will continue to visit your blog as regularly as I can!

hugs
wynneth
x

Scrap by Rô said...

So cute your card. Love it!
Hugs
Rosana

Nancyroo said...

very pretty, I love the tiny 3D embellishments there.

Steph Ackerman said...

Awesome card, love how you layered everything for a great look.

CraftyMomOf3 said...

WAY awesome Helene!!! love the dimension that you've added to it!!! super fab job!

Lori said...

Love how you layered the different elements, very fun! Great job Helene!

StampinCathy said...

This is one fabulous card. I just love how you did the suitcases, purse and hat. Thanks for this inspiration.

Kimme said...

Great dimensions! Sorry to see you go.

Chrisd said...

OOo lala what great job. Continued success to you!

Nina said...

Awesome Helene!! Love the layering! =)

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album