Monday, May 31, 2010

GROW

I made another page for my Alice In Wonderland paper bag album. Again, this was for the extra challenge at the Gingersnap Creations Yahoo! Group. I added this to the Fairy Tales album there.

I must admit I'm disappointed with my doorplate technique. I have no complaints with the Tim Holtz label die which I used on my grungepaper. Not complaining about the Adirondack Gold Metallic Dabber paint or the Gold Perfect Pearls either. Even took the whole thing apart to add chalk ink and Vintage Photo Distress Ink, trying to make it look more worn or like burnished gold. I think I finally got it burnished enough that it doesn't look too bad in the photo.  But I did want it plain as a backdrop for all of the add-ons.

The papers are Graphic 45 and Tim Holtz Distressables (rulers); Wendy's Studio 490 bottle stamp with some cork for the top and a label from the Crafty Secrets Greetings from Wonderland stamp set. Alice images found on the internet, printed and colored with Copics.

3 comments:

deb famularo said...

oooooh! love- love- love this!!!!!!!!! (You know I do!) Hope you're having a great weekend! xxoo

Unknown said...

Oh I'm loving it! worth the wait to see it lol and I hope you keep me informed for the other pages. I am sorry to have missed the great candy you had congrats on your first give away!

love Dawn xx

Lori said...

Fantastic with all those elements, Helene. What weren't you happy about with the doorplate specifically? Looks great with the other elements, and keeping it plain was a good idea.

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album