Monday, June 21, 2010

SSC Guest Designer of the Week for Old Settlers Rides layout

Bringing this post back up to the top because Pryn chose this layout for Weekly Layout Guest Designer at Simply Scrapping Crafts (SSC).  I discovered this while participating in the SSC Summer Fun Crop this past weekend.  (My new challenge layout soon will be completed and posted.  And I played their BINGO game and won!!  Woo Hoo!)

I am so flattered to have been chosen GDT.  These are Pryn's kind words to me:
I chose your layout based on creativity and design. I found your layout to be well balanced and pleasing to the eye. The colors you used are inviting and refreshing. What also caught my eye was the spray of stars and how you chose to tie it all together with adding your journaling onto the tickets. This really went with the theme of your photos. Your layout had all key components to a successful layout....   THANKS SO MUCH, PRYN! AND SSC!


This information is from the original post on June 7, 2010:
Pages In Time Design Team member Barbara challenged us this June to Color Your World.  When I think of summer colors, I think of yellow, red, white and blue.  These are the colors of so many patriotic holidays, parades and summer festivals.  I think of that hot yellow sun beating down on me as I patiently waited for my young children to finish their rides at our Old Settlers Celebration.

I used the June Week 1 Scrappy Saturday sketch from Simply Scrapping Crafts.  Except for the Prima Star spray, a tiny blue foil star, and part of a blingy flower used for the bird's tail, all of the products on this layout are Jenni Bowlin.

18 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

Dang, this is amazing! LOVE it!

Terry said...

Love your SB layout! Wonderful color choices and the tickets are a great add on!!

Lori said...

Love your color combos, Helene! Fantastic layout!

deb famularo said...

love the clean, elegant look of this Helene. And just the perfect amount of sparKle! xoxo

Lisa Smith said...

Love the fireworks look with the stars! This is great! You make beautiful pages!!

The Nostalgic Scrapper said...

i love the colour scheme... these pictures reminds me so of my own childhood.

Anonymous said...

Stunning layout! It has such great energy and such a sense of movement! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome !!! love the stars and these photos!! so very pretty!! love it!

Clare Lloyd said...

such a pretty LO. ClareX

Anonymous said...

i love how you have combined all those different papers!!! beautiful page

elina said...

gorgeous page!!!! I love the stars and how you have combined the different patterned papers

Amarilys said...

absolutely gorgeous! Congrats too! :)

scrappygal said...

So excited for you!! This is a fantastic lo!! So beautiful!! Congrats!!

Lacee broyles said...

Congrats gal on the guest design position!!!! Love your lo!!!!

jacque4u2c said...

you go girl! That is so awesome!

jacque4u2c said...

You go girl that is SO AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

great page, it just screams summer!

My Sweet Confections said...

Love the layout, mom! I wonder how many band-aids I had on that day... :)

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album