Monday, June 21, 2010

SUMMER FUN WITH G-45, Pages In Time, and Simply Scrapping Crafts





















 
OOH LA LA!  Some photos of my dad on holiday in France.  Another lifetime, so long ago.  Wish I had know him then.  It was a Father's Day full of mixed emotions as I poured over old photos, looking for something to scrap for this sketch and challenge. I spent the weekend working on another one of my pile it on activities, joining in SSC's Fun In the Sun crop while working on the PIT Sketch of the Week.  All I knew was that I wanted to use the Graphic45 On the Boardwalk paper collection for my combo challenge.  I pulled out some photos of my mom from Lake Tishigan--that will be another layout for another day.  I thought about photos of both my mom and dad on holiday, across the sea from each other.  I finally decided on these photos of my dad. 

It's hard to tell from the photo, but I built up the 2 squares, making them into twinchies.  Also built up the label and the center circle in the sun.  I put on the tag one of my vintage BINGO markers.  It was red so I used my orange Zig writer to color over the red, and somehow miraculously it turned into the exact color of the G45 paper.  To comply with the SSC recipe, I made sugar with Scattered Straw Distress Stickles applied to the sand in the graphic (right top) and the sun sticker, and found some glittery alphas.  For the yellow lemon, I added a strip and sun from the BasicGrey June Bug sticker collection. 

PAGES IN TIME Thursday Sketch June 17:
Simply Scrapping Crafts FUN IN THE SUN SUMMER KICK-OFF WITH A CROP PARTY
Lemonade Stand Recipe Challenge

You must use, at a minimum, the following elements in your card or layout:

· the color yellow (represents the lemons)

· 4 squares of any size (represents the ice cubes)

· 3 circles of any size (represents the lemon slices)

· glitter or glitter glue (represents the sugar)

· hand written journaling or title (represents the sign for the lemonade stand)

Make a lemonade inspired card or layout that uses the recipe ingredients as a minimum - you can use whatever other elements you choose to build your inspiration piece! When you're done, we should all feel sweeter, refreshed and ready for summer!

Directly below, is an updated post of my previous layout.  

18 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Fab page those papers are wonderful and so right for the 1930's pictures of your father. Imagine a few tears and lots of happy memories went into the making of this and the other yet to be seen pages. xx Zoe

Unknown said...

Breathtaking! Those parental surprises can be a lot sometimes, can't they?

Linda M. Cain said...

Gorgeous work!!! LOVE G45!

~Linda

Anonymous said...

Wow, that page makes me want to scrapbook, it is so beautiful and great photos of your dad!

Lori said...

Fabulous layout! Of course, I love G45, and the pictures you chose go with it so well, great work!

Terry said...

Wonderful tribute to your Dad, I love it!! You make me so want to start scrapbooking! Love the changes you did on your blog!

Unknown said...

Defo a scummy daddy lol and great LO lovinmg the G45 DP you used them really well

Love Dawn x

Scrapamum said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!! This is sooooo fabulous!

Lacee broyles said...

Such an awesome lo!!! By the way love the under the boardwalk music...your so festive!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn Stevens said...

I'm sitting here enjoying your choice of music, Under the boardwalk and your creative layout page of your Dad. I so Love Graphics 45 papers too.
LOVE it all!!!!!

jacque4u2c said...

Just awesome you did a great job!

The Nostalgic Scrapper said...

Hi there!!! Thank you for stopping by my blog... the G45 papers look so fine... great to learn some techniques here...this is the first time im hearing Twinchies! Have fun, take care...

WendyG said...

Great interpretation of the sketch Helene!!!! Love the Graphic 45 pp's!

fairyrocks said...

beautiful, how wonderful that you have those photo's!!!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

This is so special, luv your work!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic take on the layout! I can almost feel that lovely sea air!

Clare Lloyd said...

such a fab LO. ClareX

Lisa Smith said...

Hey there! I love the layout and the sketch is great!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album