Friday, August 13, 2010

My Chair

It's my turn as a Pages In Time design team member to create a layout for the PIT Thursday Sketch.
I used the 3rd and 4th papers in from the left, as well as the ribbon, found in the Pages In Time August Kit of the Month. The Sophie Collection from My Mind's Eye is absolutely beautiful and wonderful to work with. The paper actually is a dark plum with brown tones. Camera Note: My trusty Canon digital camera finally bit the dust. So this photo was taken with my camera phone. Taking the photo out in the sunlight makes the paper look much brighter. As you can tell from the kit photo, the paper is darker. 
I thought the PIT Thursday Sketch was perfect for my three wallet photos of my darlings in the velvet chair. As you can tell my the sketch, there is a lot of white space. I seized the opportunity to use this luscious patterned paper, concentrating just on the circle portion of the layout.

I used another Sophie paper to cut the circle which I edged in lace from a previous PIT kit. Also from previous PIT kits are the flowers and silver pearls. From my stash I added Webster's Pages alphas, a butterfly I cut from pp; and my vintage BINGO marker.

I used ATC backs for the photo mats, ran them through the Cuttlebug to dry emboss them, then distressed them with Tim Holtz for Ranger Distress Ink in Weathered Wood with a touch of Dusty Concord. FYI:  weathered wood was a perfect match for the beautiful tree/bird pattern at the top of the Sophie paper.

The photos are from a professional photographer, Ken Meade (free advertising for you, Ken!). Each child had a photo taken in the chair, but as you can see they progressively got older before I got around to scheduling the next photo shoot!

What can you do with this sketch?  Any size layout or card made from the sketch, labeled as such, and posted at Pages In Time-- before the next Thursday sketch is revealed--gets put in the hat for one prize from Karen at the end of the month.  Here's the link to our Pages In Time ning site: PAGES IN TIME

Thanks for visiting!  Thanks to all the new folks who have chosen to follow my blog!

16 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

Such a lovely page and some beautiful papers!

Unknown said...

Helene I love your page...so beautiful!!

Terry said...

Your layout page is just stunning! Those are some gorgeous papers!

VAWM said...

Helene, that is gorgeous! Sorry about the camera ;0(. Maybe a new one is in order soon!

Yvonne said...

This is beautiful, Helene!

Lindsay Weirich said...

stunning papers, beautiful photos and the embellishments, OH my! great page!

scrappygal said...

Beautiful lo Helene!!

Lori said...

Another gorgeous layout, Helene! Love the colors!

Theresa said...

Gorgeous layout Helene! I love that this layout allows that beautiful paper shine through!

Anonymous said...

What a precios lo !! love these paper!!! the pics are so adorable!!!

Unknown said...

It is a gorgeous page and I love all the details you added!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Very pretty, very nice layout, and then there is that wonderful paper!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Helene, this is so beautiful!! Oh my, I have missed a lot of things at PIT! I have been too busy lately but hope to get mine done soon :)

Clare Lloyd said...

love the LO and i agree those paper are gorgeous too. X

TeenaBugg38 said...

That is just STUNNING!!!! Beautiflly done :) Thank you so much for your comment on my blog!!! You are so sweet and it totally made my day!!

Unknown said...

Helene! Great site! Love the retro look, well, I suppose when most people think retro they think the 70'S, I suppose the 50's are vintage!!! Your banner is "the bomb!"

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album