Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Gingersnap Creative Connection: Let's Create a Haunted Blog Web

Gingersnap Creations is challenging you to take your art and craft it forward! I'm asking all of my blog followers to help create a blog web of wonderful art across cyberspace.

Use haunted as your inspiration and upload your art to your own blog with the following text:

I am participating in a GC Creative Connection. I heard about this month’s GCCC - Haunted - from Helene aka 2amscrapper of LOTSA SCRAP. Why not play along? Post a creation to your blog mentioning my post and the Creative Connection post on Gingersnap Creations. Let’s all craft it forward and see how far we can get this connection to go!

Don't forget to leave a comment on the GC blog post so everyone can see the gorgeous art that you have created for this connection.  More details about the creative connection are there as well:. Gingersnap Creations

Here's another haunted piece of art work for your  inspiration from Shar, entitled Poe-It-Tree (so clever!): Ill Tempered Ink.

Details about my Haunt piece:
Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 used to digitally alter a cropped photo from the early 1900's; rendered soft omni lighting effects which I then colored in with Copic Ciao Y11 to create a moon; distorted a diffuse glow on the upstairs window (woo-ooh--ooh); and canvas texture.
Printed on canvas water color paper; edges frayed;
Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante fussy cutting
Websters Pages Bloomers; Hero Arts flower; Prima flower
Tim Holtz Idea-ology gears
German scrap witch
Heidi Swapp ghost clock
silver skull charm from Red Lead Paperworks

19 comments:

Lori said...

Yikeys, Shaggy, this is stunning! Love it!

Pryn said...

This is FABULOUS Helene!!! You really ROCKED this spooky challenge!! I can't wait for Halloween :)

Sandi McLean said...

I am just blown away by your piece! I will be working on a piece for this project..what fun.

Terry said...

You are amazing!! Love this Haunted Art piece! VERY spooky!

Sandy Ang said...

It's pretty and what a great theme 'haunted'. I have just finished a Halloween card that is perfect for this. Must it only be for Gingersnap ?

Yvonne said...

WOWSER, this is a masterpiece, Helene!

peggy gatto said...

thanks for the inspiration!!!!!!!

peggy gatto said...

thanks for the inspiration!!!

JoAnne said...

Hauntingly cool and inspiring! Thanks for your visits and ongoing support. I appreciate it!

Unknown said...

Great Halloween background and love the piece you have made, the background is really good and I love the hand holding the man in the air fabby stamps

love Dawn xx

Sandi M said...

Excellent piece, there's so much to look at. Very cool!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Amazing piece of haunted art! It takes time to find all the pieces, luv it!

June said...

Ohhh thats super, love the hair ornaments and the beautiful atmosphere you created.
have a lovely weekend my friend
hugs June xxxxx

Anonymous said...

how fun, a blog web eh? Might have to join you! great card, lots to look at, love the fabric flower!

Unknown said...

I will put my thinking cap on! This looks like fun.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

So many gorgeous art pieces on your blog...so beautifully created. I am enjoying my visit.

Jean Franks Beck said...

Looooove your steampunk spooks!!! Great imaginative piece!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh awesome card and LOVE your blog pieces...it's amazing!!
XO

fairyrocks said...

I am feeling the love for this little bit of Art!!!
Love how you used the Steam Punked!!
Keep smiling and creating

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album