Sunday, October 3, 2010

World Cardmaking Day

I was busy making cards Saturday since it was World Cardmaking Day.

Both of these cards were started at my Prairie Stampers Club on Monday.  Our activity was provided by one of the members who's a Stampin' Up demonstrator.  We used lots of punches.  And we used bubble wrap to make card backgrounds.


On this card, I used an oval punch and  round punch.  The punching and stamping was as far as I got with this one during the meeting.  The pumpkins are made by layering 3 ovals or 3 circles.  I inked the edges for more definition and added some vine ribbon trim for the stems.  The faces are from a SU stamp set.  Aren't those little bats from a SU punch just the cutest things ever? Instead of using my black paper decorated with silver bubble wrap circles, I decided on this patterned paper from my Memory Box Blackbird stack pack.

This second card actually was made during the Stampers meeting.  I have to say that because I seldom complete a project during the meeting.  I usually have to finish it when I get home.  First we created card backgrounds by inking up some bubble wrap.  An SU stamp created the "seaweed".  The circle punches are obvious.  The fish is made with an ornament punch, heart punch, and a five petal flower punch.  How clever is this? (idea from the SU demonstrator, not me!)  I added a little dimension by using pop dots for the 3 bubbles and one fin. 
I'll post more cards later this weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet cards! Love the patterns and colors you chose!

Sam & Poppy said...

Love them! Sam :o)

Clare Lloyd said...

Great cards there and brilliant ideas too! happy world card making day. XX

Anonymous said...

happy world card day, very cute cards!

Michele said...

very sweet though i must say i'm especially in love with the fish! great work. xo

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album