Saturday, January 8, 2011

First Collage


 He begged her to stay but she already had booked passage.....
I signed up for Mary Green's Green Paper Collage Club.  I've been admiring her work and lurking around her blog for the past year. The first lesson was emailed to me a few days ago.  I was to use a busy background, such as the map she sent and add only a couple of elements.  Of course I can't do that!  She also posted on her Green Paper  site the first January challenge.  I downloaded the sheet and used the 3 required elements: the couple, rose, and ledger paper.  Somehow, these two separate projects became one!!! The hardest thing for me was keeping the project one dimensional.  So obviously I needed to sign up for these collage lessons! It took me forever to get this done because I didn't have the right size gluebook.  I settled on an album with the wood cover and decided to write on the kraft pages as if this were a journal.  Since the pages are a little larger than I wanted, I think that's how the two assignments got intertwined.  So we'll see how this project develops.  Perhaps by the time I get to the last page of the album, we'll both see some improvement in my efforts to do collage.   I feel pretty brave posting this on my blog.  I'm anxious for some feedback from Mary and the collage group.

19 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Witty and Pretty great work love it XOXO Zoe

Unknown said...

Well, I think it's beautiful! Thank you for posting a link to the Green Paper site. I see a wealth of information and inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I love the way you distressed the map & your composition is lovely!

Terry said...

Such a beautiful project and story! Always enjoy your work and I think this collage is fabulous. BTW, love your new blog background. I am boring and never change anything! Have a great weekend!

Sandi McLean said...

Love it! I alwas have a sense with your projects of the thought you put into each one. The connection of elements speaks to me..Thumbs up!

Micupoftea said...

romantic~

Unknown said...

Very cool Helene~I love that you are always willing to try new things. I agree with Sandi, thumbs up!

Jewels said...

Great start! I like your "theme" for the pieces - they really work well together.By the way - this all gets very addictive fast...LOL. Glad you've decided to join us.

Netty said...

Am loving this and look forward to following your adventure. Annette x

Linda said...

Oh your blog took my breath away. The beautiful song and the vintage pictures. I feel like a ghost in your house.I absolutely love the wonderful vintage feel here.

Lori said...

Gorgeous start, I'd say! She has awesome classes, and it's hard to get used to the one dimension! But you'll get used to it! lol!

Trishia said...

Bonjour, Helene! I wanted to drop in to thank you for visiting my blog. And I love your collage! But shouldn't that have been a map of France?hehe:) Your collage story reminded me of an old post that I had fun with -- similar scenario but it was the guy who was leaving ....
http://frenchkissedpostcards.blogspot.com/2010/02/heart-breaking-news-at-11-or-i-think.html
Anyway, thank you again for visiting my blog!

Candy C said...

Very neat piece. Love how your work seems to tell a story. I know what you mean about finding it hard to keep things one dimensional! I always want to add "stuff" to everything! haha This is a lovely piece.

Gerri Herbst said...

Such a wonderful collage, you should continue making them. I too love to tell a story, it adds another dimension to the piece. And who says you have to keep them one dimensional!LOL

Betty Anne said...

Your being way to hard on yourself I think it turned out amazing.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

This turned out FAB!

Anonymous said...

How very pretty! Love it!

Valerie-Jael said...

Really lovely, your collage is a wonderful!

penny4thoughts said...

Hi Helene! You will learn so much from Mary and I know you'll love it. I think you just need to jump in and try and have fun varying your placement of things. A terrific start!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album