Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Butterflies

Happy May First!  April showers brought us those May flowers and some butterflies!
For my Bella Creations design team work on the Tres Chic challlenge example for May, I created a Tri Shutter Card.  The Tres Chic challenge is a style challenge.  May brings us the Plain and Simple style.

I incorporated the elements required for the challenge--ceramic flowers, metal embellie, ribbon, and the colors black, green, red, and cream.  I also added a KaiserCraft wood cage which DD2 gave me for my birthday. She was quite generous with her gift so I have lots of these that you'll be seeing them in future projects.  The paper line is DCWV Mariposa, including the fussy cut butterfly on the cage.  I added two Sutdio112 butterfly stickers. 
This is my very first attempt at a 3-D type of card.  I knew I bought that MS scorepad for a reason! 

The Tres Chic challenge at Bella Creations is sponsored this month by
Entries will be in a random draw for this kit from them:

CLICK ON THE BLINKING BELLA CREATIONS BADGE IN THE RIGHT SIDEBAR.  The Tres Chic challenge is in the Forum on the Main Page.

Since today is May 1st, Bella Creations has posted the 3 main challenges for the month of May as well as the winners of the April challenges.  And our Bella groups have announced winners of the April challenges and posted our May challenges.  Details can be found on our new Bella Blog where Lacee's mini album kit goes on sale today.  Both the Bella Blog badge and the Bella Creations site blinkie are on my sidebar with direct links for you.  Hope you'll join in the fun this month!

I got the Tri Shutter card instructions from this Split Coast Stampers You Tube tutorial:

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Great work. Love your very feminine and rmantic tri-shutter card! Valerie

Netty said...

Oh wow this is such a stunning card. A lot of work but so worth it. Annette x

Zoechaos said...

Stunning a feast to the eyes there is just so much here to see and absorb. XOXO Zoe

Lori said...

Wow, Helene, this is GORGEOUS! I just love all the elements, so much to look at enjoy!

Sharon said...

Love this card and all the butterflies are wonderful - love the patterned papers - tri-shutter cards are so effective!!

Micupoftea said...

Lots of measuring and cutting...Wonderful results! Thx for sharing the tutorial, Helene!

Heather said...

I am listening to your blog..while working on mine at the moment...:-) Thank you so much for sharing the tut on that card...I so want to make one! Hugs Helene!

Gerri Herbst said...

Gorgeous piece...I always love your choice of elements...I adore bird cages. Thanks so much for mentioning trifecta...I had looked at Bella very early this am and didnt see any updates but when you said ginger/bella I went right over there!I cant believe it. OMG. I just started yelling and my husband came running.LOL I told him I was yelling for joy! thanks again dear friend. ps. great music to type to!

Linda M. Cain said...

This is just precious, love it!

trisha too said...

Oooh, tres chic, indeed!
:)

Lynne Moncrieff said...

You captured the beauty of a Spring day. So, so very lovely.
Wishes
Lynne

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous card, I love butterflies!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album