Friday, January 20, 2012

Just the Rain

At the Flying Unicorn, we're playing Idol.  I got my gold ticket at the audition for my layout "you better not pout".  I made it past round one of Hollywood Week with the help of these Journey lyrics:


I used an image from the Franklyscarlett ephemera sheet by Gecko Galz and the Tim Holtz Alternations die Umbrella Man.  The red doily heart is mounted on a white chipboard heart.  

I'm linking this to the Aud Sentiment challenge#46 where we're to use the word love on our project.  The theme also is "if LOVE were a movie, you'd be a box office hit".  My piece is rather the opposite, but the movie stars of Gone With the Wind certainly were a hit.

I'm also linking this to the first challenge for 2012 at Art With No Boundaries: Express Yourself.  
I posted the badge link a while back and have been anxiously waiting for the new challenge.  
Express Myself:  I love images, both stamps and digital clip art.  My most favorite image is the Umbrella Man by Tim Holtz.  I own it in every form that was made--stamps, die cut, ATC embossing folder.  I love working with photo images and am happy to be on the Gecko Galz design team where I can create with their amazing images.  This is an example of how I express myself.  I love to take these images and create something either a little quirky or very vintage. 

The Polar Bear Pajama Party starts at 6pm est this evening and runs until 6pm est Sunday night.  Lots of crop challenges with prizes -- not to mention the chatting and games.  I'll be back later today to tell you about my challenge.  I hope you can join in the fun at the Flying Unicorn.

10 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Love this, the umbrella man was so cleverly added!

Sandi McLean said...

Sweet card! And I do adore the GekoGalz images!!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

A clever card with clever use of die cuts, etc.
Wishes
Lynne

Shona said...

this is just so much fun Helene hehe love it!

trisha too said...

Very cute andcongratulations!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a wonderful piece.

Jenn Borjeson said...

Great project, thanks for joining us at Art with no Boundaries! :)

Maria Matter said...

so lovely!
Thank you for playing along @ Aud Sentiments!
hugs

Michelle B. said...

Oh my gosh, I didn't even notice the umbrella man - I was to taken with the images in the middle! Fab card! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments this week!

Penny said...

Really wonderful creation, great to see you sharing with and sentiments .

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album