Thursday, February 2, 2012

February at the Flying Unicorn

Our Guest  Creative Designer,  for February 2012, all the way from Netherlands, ...  yes you  guessed  it .. the one and  only .... Gerry van Gent !!  


 
She currently designs for Webster`s Pages, The Scrap Cake, The Color Room, Imaginarium Designs, Once Upon A Sketch, Manor House Creations, Scrapdelight and is a teacher at Miss Art`s Papercrafting school.  Here is a link to her personal blog: Gerry's Scrappy Life
 
Gerry also is our Artist of the Week which is a scraplifting challenge in the Flying Unicorn Forums.  Please join us in welcoming Gerry.  
 
Speaking of challenges, the challenge I'm hosting this month in the Flying Unicorn Forum is called "Embrace Your Crafting Style."  You can make any type of art that exemplifies your style and post it along with a short description of your style.  
 
Here is the tag I posted as an example of my vintage style:
 
 And here's what I wrote about my style:
Although I try all types of art and my craft is continually evolving, I am most comfortable creating smaller pieces such as tags and cards in a vintage style. I seem to enjoy fussy cutting such as cutting out this photo of myself which is my cyberspace bonnet photo. I like trims better than flowers, and I collect ephemera at flea markets and auctions to add into my art. My first design team gig was stamping cards. I own a lot of stamps, rubber and acrylic, but I don't use them often enough. I belong to a stamp club that likes to get grungy in the style of Tim Holtz and Wendy Vecchi. Nevertheless, I'm leaning towards a cleaner vintage style such as the all white tags we recently made. Because I'm a paperholic and love working with paper as well as collage images, my goal this year is to get comfortable with paint and incorporate it into my vintage style.

I hope you'll join at the Flying Unicorn for this challenge.  Here is the amazing prize from the Flying Unicorn to the lucky winner by random draw at the end of the month:


4 comments:

1CardCreator said...

This is the perfect tag Helene! Love how you took your pic and added the 2am to it. Love the rosette too! Totally fits the challenge too!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful Tag! Valerie

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Your tag looks really wonderful.

Marjie Kemper said...

Sweet tag! Love the way you personalized it to a T with your '2am' embellies.

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album