Friday, January 11, 2013

First Valentine in 2013

I posted on the Rogue Redhead Designs LLC blog today a card made with Midge.  You can learn more about the RRD stamps I used and see my card HERE.


I'll describe my card as part of the listing of the challenges I'm entering:

The Craft Room Challenge:  Valentines
This is my first Valentine for 2013.

The Shabby Tea Room Challenge 148:  Elegance
I chose blue and white as my color scheme based on  Starr's photo inspiration.  She also asked for ribbon and a flower.

Crafts4Eternity Recipe Challenge R106: Moody Blues
I have the different shades of blue in the flowers, ribbon and card stock as well as Midge's hat.

Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #63 My New Toys and Ribbon
Not only did I try out my new free Midge stamp from the January 2013 issue of Craft Stamper magazine, I also used for the first time my newly purchased  QuicKutz Nestine Doily Hearts dies.

I wove narrow ribbon through the holes in the heart and tied it in a bow at the top.  I also have a filmy ribbon bow in with the flowers and other trims from my stash.  The cotton crocheted ribbon trim is adhered on the back side of the patterned card stock with red line tape.

It's All About the Vintage and Beauty Challenge #34 Lace Dream 
This is a new challenge site for me.  Be sure to check out their blog candy in my sidebar.

Fashionable Stamping Challenge #38 Surprise Us--Anything Goes but must stamp --used Midge stamp from Craft Stamper magazine

Materials:
Markers:  Prismacolor:  Cool Grey, Muted Turquoise; Kurecolor: Haze Blue; Copic: Brick Beige, Cool Grey, Shadow Pink
Inks:  Ranger Distress Weathered Wood, Tumbled Glass; Archival Jet Black, Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Pewter Distress Stain
QuicKutz Doily Hearts dies
Patterned card stock:  The Scrap Cake:  the Brighter Side of Life
plain generic blue and grey card stock
Misc. flowers, ribbon and trims from my stash

24 comments:

Paper Profusion said...

Wow - talk about softly elegant. A beauty of a card. Nicola x

Clare Lloyd said...

such an elegant card and i love all the soft shades of blue. x

Krisha said...

OMGosh! what a beautiful card. Love the soft pastels......and Midge is one of my favorites!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely Valentine, great colours! Valerie

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful card, I love the colors scheme. Great romantic look.

Sharon said...

Helene this is just beautiful - love the colouring, image and flowers!!

Esther said...

A beautiful soft, elegant card -Thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC and Craft-Room Challenge..Esther xx

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful delicate colouring and embellished perfectly with those flowers. Love it.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs Brenda xox

Anonymous said...

Stunning Valentine! Love the fabulous vintage look and all the beautiful details!

Heather said...

Helene this is Gorgeous!! Love the RRD stamp! The colors are fabulous, and I love LOVE the flower cluster and use of the ribbon!! Thank you for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!
Hugs
Heather

Terry said...

Love the use of blue for such a sweet Valentine's Day card. Very pretty design! Thank you for joining us at FSC!

Starr said...

Oh Helen, your card is stunning! You know that I LOVE shabby chic and you've made the perfect creation for the challenge. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at TSTR!
Hugs,
Starr

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card! You have been so productive this week! ~Diane

Anonymous said...

lovely subtle blues in your equally lovely vintage card. thanks for sharing it with us at really reasonable ribbon! - vivian

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Helene! What a lovely, vintage style valentine. Refreshing choice of colors. Thanks for joining us at FSC! Best wishes, Yvonne

SmilynStef said...

Love the grouping of blooms ... absolutely lovely.

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Absolutely dreamy ...love the shabby blue and creams! Thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room. Suzanne xo

Anonymous said...

Beautifully stamped and oozing elegance.
Thank you for sharing this delight with us at FSC.
Wishes
Lynne

Debi said...

Helene, so lovely to see you here at Craft Room Challenge, especially with this gorgeous dreamy Valentine creation,thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

Nikki Byrne said...

Beautiful blue tones for this gorgeous valentine. thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-room challenge this fortnight and good luck. Hugs

NIKKI DT

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

I know I have visited and commented on behalf of the Craft Room but also would like to say:- Thank you for playing along with us at It's all about the Vintage "Lace Dream" Challenge. Wishes, Suzanne (you know I love your card). x

Sanna Saksija said...

Very elegant! Thanks for entering our challenge at It's all about the vintage and beauty!

michele said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Maria said...

This is so beautiful, and I love the shades of blue for a Valentine. Thanks for joining in with our Valentine theme over at the Craft-Room Challenge, and good luck.

Maria x

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album