Sunday, September 1, 2013

September Gecko Galz Cards

At Gecko Galz we're celebrating National Card Making Day for six weeks.  You'll be seeing my card posted for our latest design team event posted here later this month (September 12) when it's my turn.  Design team member's cards will be posted every other day at Gecko Galz, so please visit often to see what we've created.

In the meantime, here are a couple of cards I made with the September Spellbound digital stamp set offered at Gecko Galz.

I'm demonstrating how to add color to digital stamps without using markers, ink, or pencils.


Print the digital stamp twice, once on blue paper and once on orange paper.  Fussy cut as one piece the moon/witch and city shoreline from the orange paper.  Glue on top of the blue version.  Mat onto a black card.


Print the framed image onto matte photo paper and cut off the frame.  Print a second time onto orange paper to add color to the leaf frame without having to color with markers.  (Printing hint:  I used my software program to erase the digital image, leaving only the frame to print out.  This saves on ink.)  Double mat on green card.

These cards are in my design team folder at the Gecko Galz website.  Please visit the site for September product releases, this month's spooktacular specials, winners, and a view of all the design team galleries for inspiration.  There's also a special contest you can enter in celebration of my design teamie, Heather Hudson's etsy shop

4 comments:

Krisha said...

Very clever Helene! They turned out wonderful, shall have to give this a try when using digis. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful creations.
I am finally back with GG after a mini break and right in the middle of creating. I have completed some cards already but enjoying the products so much I cannot seem to stop. Funny thing is, I am not even the biggest fan of Halloween!
Wishes
Lynne

Heather said...

Love your cards Helene!! I love your background too :0) I need to switch over to Halloween mode too. Hugs!!
Heather

Unknown said...

Stunning card Helene xxx

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album