Thursday, February 6, 2014

Blue Mermaid

This month Gecko Galz is doing a cross promotion with Arora Wings.  For my design team sample, I chose to work with the Arora Wings digital mermaid and the fizzy water paper from Gecko Galz By the Shore digital paper pack.  Purpose of the cross promotion is to show how well Gecko Galz digital images work together with other products.  I think the two I chose were a fantastic match.

Our theme is spring fling.  We've had a brutal winter, lots of snow and frigid temperatures.  I'm thinking I want to be a mermaid in warm water.  She doesn't have to wear a winter coat, snow boots, gloves, and knit hat !   My spring theme is let's thaw out so my fish can swim again in my yard's pond.

Just so you know, my mermaid is NOT blue from the cold.  I got my inspiration from a kid's cartoon show on television--the blue mermaid. Please note I had a terrible time trying to capture the shiny silver.



I converted the mermaid to a ping file and adapted the color to blue/green.  I layered her on top of the fizzy water paper which I resized.  After printing this, I developed my card.

I used some blue ink markers that blended with a water pen. to color my mermaid blue  I added a silver ink pen to the fish scales and hair and a glitter pen to the bubbles, headband

The mat is blue card stock which I embossed with circles.  Then I added some clear gems for additional "bubbles", some fiber and a silver metal shell charm.  Everything is placed on a white card.

Please visit the Gecko Galz site to see the rest of the design team's creations using Arora Wings digital images HERE.  

As I mentioned in my last post, customers are invited to submit their own spring inspired project. You'll find this at our Gecko Galz blog HERE:

For this months customer contest we are asking you to create a spring inspired paper crafted project.  Show us what inspires you most about spring…is it the pastel colors? Is it flowers?  Is it Easter? We want to see your inspiration.  The only rule is you must include one  product from Gecko Galz, can be one of the free products, stamps, collage image paper the limits are endless to your imagination.
And what will the winner get?  Arora Wings Stamps gift pack plus a $25 shopping Spree from Gecko Galz.
Just email a picture of your project by February 28th to geckogalz2014@gmail.com
And on March 1st we will announce our winner on the Gecko Galz website.


7 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful Helene. The wonderful theme and colour turns my thoughts to the summer and being in the sea, I guess all of us in the northern hemisphere are looking forward to the warmer weather xx

Sharon said...

This is stunning Helene the aurora wings image and gecko galz paper goes perfectly together.

Micupoftea said...

LOVE this, Helene...it is my fav thing you've made! Gorgeous :)

Netty said...

Loving your beautiful mermaid and card, Annette x

Words and Pictures said...

Ooh, she's marvellous... love how you worked the digi image and then brought it out into the world and worked it some more. The bubble gems are fabulous, as are those silvery scales!
Alison x

Carol Salisbury said...

Helene you did a beautiful job on this one! Very pretty card! Love your blue mermaid!

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Helen, This is such a beautiful piece and I just love the colors. I also like the fibers in the corner with the silver shell. Because of the wisps in the fibers it looks like they are floating, and creates such a great effect for your mermaid theme.
:) Chris / CS Designs

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album