Friday, November 14, 2014

Altered Playing Cards 17 and 18 Getting Quirky and Whimsical

For Week 10 at Claudine's Corner, we are to Think Outside the Box by getting quirky and whimsical. You can see Claudine's altered playing cards HERE.

I decided to go with a green food theme to add to my quirkiness.  I started with a green base of Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber in Juniper.   Coloring was done with various Ranger Distress Markers, including tumbled glass.  I had a bit of trouble blending the colors but it's time to move on.

Claudine used some Dyan Reaveley stamps.  I just happen to own a set which I never use, so this is a perfect prompt for me to get those stamps inked up.  I used two sets of eyes and one pair of legs along with the sentiment, Never be too proud to serve frozen peas.

I also like Wendy Vecchi's quirky sentiments so I pulled out a set of those stamps as well and inked up no greens for me, thanks... but I will have an olive in my martini.

The digital face and hair come from Gecko Galz Retro collage sheet.  The Xmas martini glass is a digital image from Wendymade.  I was going to use the entire glass but discovered the jawline of the Dylusions stamped face was a perfect shape to place on the stem.

What to do with the "white space"?  Afraid to doodle last go-round, Ithis time I doodled a border and flowers.  Needing to fill the space, the green pearls given to me by Unruly Paper Arts sponsor, Eyelet Outlet and Brads, fit perfectly inside my drywall mesh.  How wonderful they are green to go with my pea theme! But I'm getting perilously close to ignoring my edict of no 3-D embellies so that I can still shuffle the cards.


Card 17




Card 18



Two more (the sea theme) and I'm all caught up!



4 comments:

Wendy said...

:) these are so much fun Helene...love your sense of humor!

Claudine said...

Wow! Love both of these, so fun and whimsical!! The quotes are too funny!

Anonymous said...

These are great. Love the fab quirky style and the boldness of the design. Well done!

KarinsArtScrap said...

Helene this looks great
Gr Karin

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album