Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Celebrate the Beginning of a New Year Card

If you give a mouse a cookie (aka domino effect)......  I couldn't find a quote or saying about Father Time that seemed appropriate, so I wrote my own. Then I found an image that matched the digi paper perfectly.  And then I found a sketch that made it all come together.




Entering These Challenges:

12 Months of Christmas Challenge: #1 January Father Time is the theme for extra consideration.  New Year's is acceptable as one of the December holiday cards. This is my second card for the month so that qualifies me for another free digi paper from Decosse's Digital Doodles.

Sentimental Sundays: Challenge #243 Anything Goes x

Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper January challenge x


Materials:

Decosse's Digital Doodles--digital paper
Black Heart Art etsy: champagne celebration digital image
My own wording added via computer generated type
various Copic markers
sparkle pens
Stampin' Up gumball green cardstock
misc. golden paper from stash

5 comments:

jane stillman said...

A great New Year card, and well done with the sentiment x

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Ooh, ooh, ooh! Love this!!!!! I am so pleased as to how good that paper looks, if I do say so myself. ;)

All the elements come together so well to make up the perfect entry for our opt. Father Time theme, Helene. So glad you had the chance to enter a card for the sponsor's prize. Thanks again for joining The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next month!

☺ Lisa D.
Co-coordinator for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
Décosse’s Dynamite Doodles – My Personal Blog!
Path of Positivity – My other challenge blog!

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

p.s. I meant to add that I'm going to copy your pic and add it to the gallery on my blog!

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper January challenge with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Great images...love those clinking glasses too!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album