Friday, June 5, 2015

First Entry for Coffee Lovers Summer Bloghop



Our Summer Hop is NOW starting on Friday, June 5th at 6 a.m. pacific and will running through Friday, June 12th @ 11:59 p.m. pacific.
The blog address is: http://coffeelovingcardmakers.com/
The inlinkz will be posted to the Coffee Loving Cardmakers blog at 6 am pacific on Friday, June 5th. Anyone is welcome to link up during Friday, June 5th at 6 am pacific until Friday, June 12th @ 11:59 pm pacific. There are no limits to the number of entries, the more the merrier. Please remember to keep the projects with a Summer theme.
Anyone is eligible for a Super Sponsor prize if they link up a newly created Summer Themed Coffee, Tea &/or Cocoa project, no back-linking please.Random.org is used to draw for winners.

Even more details, especially about all the prizes, are up on the blog now, which is HERE.
For daily chatter and to see what we're up to, The Coffee Loving Papercrafters Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/groups/887109397977677/



For my first card (I'm #73), I used a STAMPlorations stencil, some sprays, Tim Holtz chit chat stickers, and some very old alphas.  Wanting to keep it in the summer theme, I used warm colors with a sentiment to match.  (There was a 1959 Marilyn Monroe movie with this title).

I placed the stencil on stamp cardstock and used Ranger Clear Emboss It Dabber to go over the design.  After removing the stencil, I sprinkled on Ranger Super Fine Clear embossing powder and heat set it.
Then I took my paper outside and sprayed it with ink sprays:  Dylusions  Squeezed Orange and Maya Road Bubblegum. After waiting a bit, I used a paper towel roll to sop up the excess ink.

I layered with coordinating pink and orange cardstock mats on top of a white card.

Entering these additional challenges:

STAMPlorations CASE it--I cased Deepti's card HERE going for the same ombre background.  I was surprised hers was Heiidi Swapp paper.  I got the same effect with sprays. Entry HERE due June 5

STAMPlorations Anything Goes challenge HERE open ended

Crafting By Designs: June Challenge Anything Goes I'm #68

57 comments:

Kris said...

I love the fun summer colors you used!

Jingle said...

Very nice!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is awesome.. fun designing..

Michele K. Henderson said...

GREAT card! I love this pretty color blend!

Monika Skinner said...

Love a hot cuppa, your just fits the bill perfectly! Great CASE! Thanks for joining us in the playground over at STAMPlorations.

maria f. said...

Beautiful ombre BG and I love that coffee cup in white. Thanks for joining us at CASEplorations, Helene.

Monika Reeck said...

I lost my comment
let me write again
I love the color on your card so summery
and the way you used that stencil is awesome
fabulous card you made for the blog hop
see you soon maybe on my entry #125
hugs
Monika from Germany

Shelly said...

Awesome card!

Lori Kobular said...

Your card reminds me of a summer sunset! Love it!

~amy~ said...

Awesome colors...FABulous card!
Thank you for linking up to the Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop♡

butterfly843 said...

Love this mug!!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Helene, love the colors you used, fab coffee card! Happy hopping.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Great sentiment. TFS

Jean Bullock said...

Love the background and the stenciled embossing. Well done.

Lee-Anne said...

Wonderful colors! Love your sentiment!

wendy said...

very pretty, love that image !

Connie Mercer said...

Super CUTE!!!!

D.Ann C said...

Gorgeous!!!

Angeline Choo said...

Beautiful card. love the background and that coffee mug!

Happy Dance said...

Perfect sentiment! My mom loved hot coffee year 'round no matter how hot it was outside. This is a gorgeous card. LOVE this sherberty color combination. GREAT card. Bev

Maura said...

beautiful colors on your lovely card!

Redhead said...

Very nice colors, great card!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

very fun! I love the sentiment!

VanessaB said...

Cool card :)

Unknown said...

Love the color combination and those sweet letters!

Jerrie said...

I love that stencil and how you did your sentiment!! It is cute that you did the hot in little tiles. Great job.

Becca Cruger said...

Well we all know how much I love the sprays, and this card is certainly no exception! Geee-orgeous!! I especially adore the sentiment! LOVE!

Karenladd said...

Wonderful stenciled design and love how you used the alphas!!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Super cute - I love the bright, bold colors and your inking is amazing!

Kate said...

Very nice :)

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Beautiful love the colors!!!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Perfect summer colors and what a great stencil! Love your clever sentiment!

Julia Aston said...

love the colors you used with this stencil!

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Love the colors!

Hetty said...

What a fun card with this stencil.
Wonderfully done.

Milka Gubo said...

Beautiful card! Pretty colors, nice design... all is so pretty together. :-D

Becca Yahrling said...

Love your card. Love the white cup & steam.

Unknown said...

Love your colors. Thanks for sharing.

Celeste Goff said...

What a gorgeous card! Love that beautiful mug!

Mary said...

Beautiful card!!

Unknown said...

love the colors!

Brandi R said...

Love this! Fab colors and LOVE that stencil ♥

anja curvers said...

Wow great card love the colors.

Annie said...

These colors are just gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing! ~Annie

Unknown said...

Super summery card!!

ScrappyHorses said...

This is so summery! Love the embossing with the mists!

Chris said...

Delish card! Thanks for joining in on the fun - happy to be one of the sponsors. Chris from a•muse|studio

Ceal said...

I am seeing this stencil al over this hop and love it. great card

AmethystCat said...

very pretty

Christi Conley said...

I adore this card!!! So pretty :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh fabulous colors and I love the design! So summery.

Helen F. said...

Love the cuppa and great colors!

Lucy E. said...

Such a pretty card!
Love that stencil :-)

Nance said...

Isn't this a great stencil? I have it too. Great sentiment and love the colors! Blessings!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful colors!

Patry Ro said...

Perfect design!!! TFS!!!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

You've used this stencil BEAUTIFULLY!!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album