Tuesday, November 3, 2015

2016 Altered Calendar Book

Our theme this month at Unruly PaperArts blogozine is Noteworthy.  My creative contributor article features my altered calendar book.



If you've been with me for awhile, you'll recognize my "calling card", a digital banner I created when I was on the Gecko Galz design team.  The digital tickets are from Ginas Designs.

My bow was made using the Craft-Dee BowZ maker which I won during their December 2014 Blog Hop. The black tea towel stripe ribbon was a win from The Ribbon Girl.

I love the digital labels from Wings of Whimsy.  I took her idea of folding the labels in half and using them for page tabs.  I was able to type the months directly onto the labels before printing.

You will recognize the picture wheel and pen nib as Tim Holtz products and the red netting from Stampin' Up.

My color palette is kraft and black with a pop of red.  Hence the red flower on the cover.  Here is how I incorporated the colors inside the back cover of my calendar book.  I hate to say this, but all the bits and pieces used in this project didn't even make a dent in my stash.



For additional photos of my altered book, please see my UPA article HERE.

Entering my altered book here:

Rhedd's Creative Spirit November Challenge x



6 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Fantastic vintage images - but of course! - and wonderful use of the papers inside. Love the pops of red... and no matter if it didn't make a dent in the stash - it means you can make lots more beauties like it!
Alison x

My Side of Oz said...

This is an awesome altered planner...great papers and a wonderful way to use up bits and pieces! Thanks for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! Nanette, DT

Sammy said...

This is ever so lovely! Great colours. Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

Sheila Rumney said...

Love the vintage feel of this project. Thank you for popping by and commenting on my Crafty Secrets post. Wishing you a wonderful fall.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh, Helene! I just adore this one! It's so marvelously vintage and fabulous! How clever you are!

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Wow!I love everything about your altered book...especially the vintage images. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Good luck, Rupa(DT).

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album