Thursday, January 11, 2018

My Creative Path

I loved the idea of Cat Kerr's Be Authentic journal page on the Stampington blog (free How-To Project HERE).  

Although I own the mini triangle gelli plate, looking at Cat's composition immediately brought to mind Kasia Avery's set of color wheel stamps from Paper Artsy: Eclectica Everything Art EEO3.  

I used these stamps to create a path that indicates my creative journey--it is circular and never-ending, blending together.  This journal page is for our first Wanderlust 2018 class.  

Jamie Avery encouraged us to use watercolors and ink pens.  I used Stampin' Up watercolor pencils and a water brush to pull the colors toward the middle, choosing to create with all the colors of the rainbow to represent the color wheel.  I accented with a black Pitt pen. 

Because this is an art page, I chose to use my cyberspace bonnet photo and 2amscrapper blog name.

For this class, I'm using an old book.  I took it apart, added some art papers, and then spiraled it back together.  I'm discovering the book pages are fragile so I hope the book holds up while I used it the entire year.



Sharing this here:

Art Journal Journey: January  New Year, New Adventures

Entering this here:

Country View Challenge:  January Anything Goes #114 x

7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is stunning. I love the color wheel you created and how you turned it into an never ending journey. This is very impressive. Thanks for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey.

froebelsternchen said...

I love your variation of the design with your lovely bonnet photo ! And it makes me happy to see you at Art Journal Journey with this wonderful page! Happy New Year!
Hope to see you more often this year at AJJ - would be great and I see you join wanderlust so I am sure there will be some occasions to join AJJ as well - I am looking forward to your art this year!
oxo Susi

My name is Erika. said...

That is one cool page! And making it personal by adding yourself in that fun bonnet photo makes it even better. :) I think you have a great cold, and a great way to show it! Thanks for joining us at AJJ this month and I love your inspiration to the rest of us. Hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

I was inspired by Cat's video too! I love how you interpreted her tutorial. Great page!
Alison

Corrie Herriman said...

Fabulous project ! Good idea to use this stamp. Thank you for entering our monthly challenge over at Country View Challenges.
Corrie x

Sharon Fritchman said...

WOW! What an awesome page! I love everything about it - it's just perfect for the new adventures theme!!! That color wheel looks fabulous, too!

Jane said...

Gorgeous.Enjoy your new creative journey. Thanks so much for joining in with our anything goes challenge over at Country View x

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album